• must be 18 to enter & must present your ID at the doors •
• cash bar with drink specials •
• prop bags onsale: limited quantities! •
• tickets are $3.00 and are available online OR at the door •
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult classic musical-movie that spoofs old sci-fi and horror flicks, wich a ridiculous plotline and hilariously campy cast of characters. It's unbridled fun to watch, and even more fun to experience at a public screening. As the movie was not a great success when it released in 1975, it gathered a cult following, and many fans began to dress as their favourite characters from the film, shout callbacks at the screen, and bring their own props to interact with one another during the movie! The RHPS still has a huge following, with midnight screenings all over the world annually.
The Costume Contest starts at 11pm... do you have what it takes to win? Glorious prizes from local shops are up for grabs! Here's what you need to know:
• Get here early and bring your friends to cheer you on!
• No registration/signup required
• Be ready to step onto the stage in your badass costume, and SELL IT to the judges!
LOVE Rocky Horror, but Costume Contests not your thing? Enjoy dressing up as your favorite character? WE NEED YOU! Submit your photo of yourself in your full-on RHPS attire to be aRocky Celebrity! If chosen, you will receive:
• FREE admission to the event for you and a friend
• Honoured guest rites at the event, where you'll greet your adoring fans that will undoubtedly fawn over you as you pose for pics and selfies • Drink tickets for beverages at the bar • A pair of tickets to any show at The Orpheum
ENTER by email: send your PHOTO along with a brief summary of WHY YOU'D BE A GREAT ROCKY CELEBRITY to !
your evening's emcee Chris King
Miss Chris is back for her second year as your fabulously freaky RHPS Costume Contest Emcee! Not only is she a fantastic performer, but also Chris is an active member of her community. She is committed to empowering residents so they can voice their concerns and work toward positive, citywide change.
Prior to public engagement, Chris was involved in the Galesburg arts scene. She worked for the Prairie Players Civic Theatre and served as board treasurer for the Galesburg Community Chorus. Chris also mentored children at The Performing Arts Academy and contributed her artistic talents behind the scenes. Currently,Chris sings at First Lutheran Church and sits on the Inclusive Faith Committee,which created Safe Space — a social outreach group for young adults. After beginning her transition a year ago, she was selected as Miss South Carolina to compete in the national Queen USA pageant in L.A. Recently Chris has performed in a number of fundraisers and other shows locally.
I hope all you Rocky Horror fans are ready for a freaky time!!! And to all my Rockys coming in costume: remember to keep the shorts SHORT AND TIGHT! Love, C. King